Monday 26 September 2011

The Inbetweeners Movie


Okay, so this post is a little later than I expected to post, but I'll just get straight into it! 

Before the film came out, I hadn't seen a single episode of The Inbetweeners! Crazy, considering the show is aimed at my age group, and practically every student in my sixth form are mad about it! But my boyfriend decided he wanted to drag me along to it. 

The day before I was supposed to see it, E4 was showing a "Top 10 Inbetweeners Moments" show, which I thought would help me to gain some knowledge of the subject. Little did I know that I'd find it as utterly hilarious as I did!

For those of you who haven't seen The Inbetweeners, it's about a group of 17/18 year old boys in a sixth form. Sounds dull, I know, but the hard-hitting humour has me in hysterics every time I watch it! 

The film shows the boys, Will, Jay, Neil and Simon, as they take their first "lads holiday" to Malia. In true Inbetweeners style, many things go wrong, the wreck-of-a-hotel-room one of the first issues the boys face. Like the series, this film is witty, cringey , but still a slight reality to the world of a 17/18 year old boy. 

Although the plot isn't much different than you'd expect from a TV adaptation, merely an episodic storyline. But it's delivered in such a way that will have men and women of all ages rolling around in hysterics! And with an amazing £13.22 million in it's opening weekend alone, the box office results agree that this is definitely one to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment